If an end-user makes an enquiry for a missing payment or refund, there are ways that you as a merchant can clarify what happened with the payment to the end-user.
- Go to the Payments section in sandbox or production.
- Find the payment by searching via your "reference ID" and check the status. In the example below we can see that the payment is expired.
- Click on the payment to expand, and see more details.
- Select the "Details" tab and check the"Paid" information. In this example, the value is 0, so the payment request has not been paid.
Sending details to the end-user
If the end user needs proof that the payment was not received, a link to the public blockchain can be forwarded to them.
For that, you can extract the wallet destination address:
- Click on "View Full Payload" (shown here as Hide Full Payload")
- Copy the address value from the payInInstruction object. We are working on making this more user-friendly.
- Paste that address onto a blockchain explorer website, such as Etherscan (for Ethereum)
You can then send the link to the wallet page on the blockchain explorer to the end user, as well as screenshots.