A strong BVNK account password is your first line of defence against account takeover and fraud. It is essential that you use a password that hackers will not guess or calculate easily. The BVNK system automatically enforces a minimum standard of password complexity, but we encourage our customers to go beyond these baseline requirements.
Tips for creating a strong password:
- Make it unique. Never reuse an existing password or an old one, which may have been collected in one or more data breaches.
- Aim for 12 characters or more. These passwords are significantly harder to crack in a brute-force attack. A long password need not be difficult to remember if you use song lyrics, inspirational quotes, the first words in a favourite book, and other memorable phrases.
- Choose something unguessable. Avoid commonly used passwords or anything people might be able to guess by knowing you or viewing public records or social media profiles of yours or your friends and family.
- Consider a mix of uppercase and lowercase letters, numerals, and special characters. They boost the strength of a password significantly, as do abbreviations and non-standard spelling.
Note: Even the strongest password is rendered useless if it is shared. Never disclose your login credentials to anyone, including people claiming to work for BVNK.
To help protect our customers' accounts, BVNK requires that passwords have:
- At least 8 characters long, including:
- 1 uppercase letter
- 1 lowercase letter
- 1 number
- 1 special character, like #, &, $, %